Infertility + Miscarriage Awareness Week
Support. Inspire. Empower.
WEEK 4: Autoimmune Disease
When it comes to autoimmune disease and Fertility, there are many different diseases to consider.
If you have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, you need to discuss with your health practitioner:
- How the disease may impact your fertility
- How your medications might affect your fertility
- How pregnancy will impact your disease
In the clinic, we see a variety of autoimmune diseases. The more common ones include:
- Diabetes (including gestation diabetes)
- Pernicious anemia
- Blood clotting disorders
- Endometriosis (note: there is much debate about whether this is classified as an autoimmune disease)
Tests to Do for Infertility and Miscarriage Video